The Next Step training package is split into two main parts:
- An online pre-learning training package
- A training session - either face to face or online
The pre-learning training package is a prior learning document for delegates to read, comprising of a mixture of information, designed to introduce delegates to the Next Step goal based outcome resource. The pre-learning training package must be read prior to the training.
During completion of the pre-learning, delegates will:
- Be introduced to what the Next Step goal based outcome resource is and how it can be used with children and young people
- Know the philosophy behind, and the service delivery context regarding the Next Step resource
- Learn about the importance of the use of goal based outcome measures with children and young people
- Be introduced to the Next Step resource as a solution focussed approach to use with children and young people
- Learn about the benefits of the Next Step Resource for young people and professionals
To access your pre-learning please view the pre-learning document.
There is also a link to this training on the ‘your Next step’ page under ‘pre-learning’.
The face to face training will take place, where possible, at a venue local to delegates. Two Next Step trainers, who work as clinicians within the field of mental health and are experienced in the use of the Next Step resource, will be present at each training session. This training session will build upon the content of the pre-learning package with the addition of:
- Practical experience in use of the Next Step cards through group discussion, group exercises, role play and watching video clips
- Practical experience regarding how to use session records and progress charts with young people
- Instruction regarding how to use the Next Step app to record sessions and chart progress with young people
- A chance to ask questions and consider how to implement Next Step resource into delegates own practice
- Discussion of sources of ongoing support and information to keep you up to date as a Next Step practitioner
To take your Next Step, or for more information about purchasing a Next Step licence, please email cwp.