Next step is designed to support anyone who cares for children and young people. Whether you're a parent, teacher, mental health professional or commissioner of health and social care services, Next Step is a tool that helps young people to communicate on their own terms, in their own environment.
Our current customers include:
- NHS West Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Wirral Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Vale Royal Clinical Commissioning Group
As a value for money resource with proven clinical effectiveness, there are so many reasons for choosing Next Step:
- 75% of all adult mental health conditions start by the age of 18.
- Almost all individuals with mental health illnesses experience stigma and discrimination - highlighting a common lack of understanding.
- Most long-term mental health illnesses arise during a person's teenage years, but this can be mitigated if they are identified and supported early.
- Nationally, waiting times for child and adolescent mental health services are high, with some young people waiting years for treatment. Next Step can provide immediate and effective early intervention.
- £70 billion is the yearly economic cost of mental health to the UK.
- Funding for front line NHS and local authority services is reducing, putting significant pressure on existing services.
- Next Step offers a substantial package of resources, support and training to empower its users providing fantastic value annually.
- The government has pledged to strengthen the link between schools and mental health services
- They have also committed to "parity of esteem" between how we value both mental and physical health conditions
- More focus is to be placed on support available in the community - easing pressure on front line services
What is Next Step?