It helped the young person to point out what was going well and what wasn’t. It helped us to focus on the positives as well as looking at the areas to build on - Clinical Psychologist
Rates of depression and anxiety among teenagers have increased by 70 per cent in the past 25 years
Next Step enables adults take a whole-person approach to supporting a young person with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Empowers young people and supports shared decision making
- Encourages discussion around strengths as well as areas of need
- Covers areas important to young people, such as friends and community
- Helps young people articulate what is important to them
- Was co-produced by young people using NHS Children and Young People Mental Health Services