“It makes issues more tangible. I like the way that it breaks down goals into specific steps.” CAMHS Counsellor
There has been a threefold increase in the number of teenagers who self-harm in England in the last decade.
Setting goals is clinically proven to increase self-confidence and help achieve better outcomes. Next Step supports young people to feel in control of their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Is designed to support the use of ‘Goal Based Outcomes’ - a nationally mandated outcome measure used in NHS Children and Young People’s Mental Health Services
- Demonstrates reliable change in young people’s progress towards their goals
- Provides a way of tracking progress between each session and identifies a definitive end point to intervention
- Encourages young people to lead the conversation and identify gradual steps to improve emotional wellbeing
- Uses a solution-focused process to help young people achieve their goals
What is Next Step?